Prewired Telecaster Control Plate
Customize and upgrade your Telecaster, instantly with the Lindy Fralin Telecaster Control Plate. With over 150 combinations available, you can select your options, and we’ll wire it up just how you like it. Installation involves soldering a few wires into place. As always, we only use the finest-quality USA-Made parts we can find.
Our Wiring Skills, Your Personality.
Want to learn more about our Prewired Telecaster Control Plate? Here's all the information you'll need:
Prewired Telecaster Control Plate FEATURES:
Our Pre-Wired Telecaster Control Plate is designed by you and built by us. Chrome and Aged Nickel Prewired Control Plates come loaded with the highest quality materials available – from CRL® Switches to CTS® Pots. Of course, all our parts are made in the USA and are assembled and wired by hand in Richmond, VA.
Look & Feel
We offer Chrome Telecaster Control Plates and Aged Nickel Telecaster Control Plates. Aged Nickel Telecaster Control Plates all have a unique patina to them to make them look slightly reliced and older. Due to the aging process, each Aged Nickel Telecaster Control Plate is unique, and no two are alike.
We can wire up your Tele Control Plate a couple of different ways: Normal Orientation and Flipped Orientation.
- Normal Orientation: With a Normal Orientation Telecaster Control Plate, your switch is closest to the headstock.
- Flipped Orientation: With a Flipped Orientation, the Control Plate orients with the Switch closest to the Output Jack, and the Volume Pot closest to the headstock. This is great for those who love to utilize volume swells.
We can wire up your switch a couple of different ways – here are your options:
- 3-Way CRL: This will give you normal Telecaster functionality – Bridge Only / Bridge – Neck / Neck Only.
- 5-Way CRL: This is perfect for Nashville Telecasters, with three pickups.
Choose 250K Pots if you have single-coil Telecaster pickups or pickups that are brighter. 250K pots will make darker sounding pickups too dark and muddy.
Choose 500K Pots if you have Humbuckers, P-90’s, or other dark-sounding pickups. 500K pots will make single-coil Telecaster pickups sound too shrill.
Tone Cap Value:
Read up on our Tone Caps here.
- .02 mfd sounds excellent on most Fender guitars and will give you a medium roll-off in tone.
- .05 mfd will offer a much deeper and darker roll-off than .02.
- Magic Cap: This is a low capacitance cap (.0015 mfd) and only works on the Bridge Pickup only. The effect is extremely subtle – not like a regular cap. It tends to make treble strings sound slightly fatter.
- Can you wire it up without the Chrome Plate? As it turns out, No. If this matters to you, you can pull out all the wiring once you receive it to put it in your Control Plate. It’s just too time-consuming and unsafe to ship without a solid control plate holding everything together.
- Can I return my Control Plate? No. Since these are so custom and made to order, all Telecaster Control Plate sales are final, and not available for exchange or return.
- What if I don’t see what I want? Please use the “Notes” field on the checkout screen to type in any special requests. Use this field to describe how you want it wired as well if you wish to have anything customized. We’ll make it to your specs.
Installation is easy, and only takes a few steps. Check out our in-depth Telecaster Control Plate Installation Guide Below:
Coming SoonWe don't have Tech Specs at the moment, but we will have them up soon!
Prewired Telecaster Control Plate FAQ's
Here are quick answers to common questions we get:
138 Genuine Reviews for Prewired Telecaster Control Plate
Control Plate functions well and the volume is easily controlled with pinky swells. Will be upgrading my Squire Tele with Frailin in the near future.
Absolutely amazing components, craftsmanship and quality. If any of you are on the fence about this control plate or anything Fralin offers, jump off and into the arms of superior tone that Fralin can offer. Wiring was easy and only took about 40 minutes! Made a mistake on my order and my boy Jon helped me out. So, amazing customer service as well. My Fat Nashville Tele (Frank) is singin’ loud and clear thanks to Fralin. 10/10 highly recommend and will buy again. Thank you!
Absolutely perfect…and the customer service was equal to product!!! I recommend and will continue to support these products!!!!
Man, Fralin knocked it out of the park with this loaded control plate! Super easy to install and my thinline sounds 1000% better.
Great product! The pots and switch are excellent quality and stay in place. No accidently volume/tone changes by brushing up against the knob and switch.
my fralin products have surpassed all expectations. following the advise f my friend kenny vaughan I am sooooo happy. now if I could get a set of superlatones!! please!!!
Customer service is excellent. They answer your questions perfectly so you know exactly what your getting. The workmanship is perfect. This will be my go to for wiring of anything electrical. My next project will be a Strat. This is the place I’ll get a prewired pickguard
Talk about customer service, these guys were right on it. I had made a mistake when I ordered my custom pre-wired control plate. They called me to insure that I was getting what I wanted. When I received it and was installing the control plate I had a wiring question, I called and talk to Tyler who had built it for me. He walked me right through everything. These guys are great and their pickups and their pre-wired control plates are the best. I will be a customer for life. Thanks Fralin crew
I have yet to receive my control plate yet, but I have to say that when you have a question as I did (what configuration of pots and capacitors would work best with a set of TV Jones pickups?) and Lindy picks up the phone and walks you through the options… well, that’s pretty darn cool. Can’t wait for my order!
Excellent product – love the feel of the pots & switch!
Best thing was turn the plate upside down! Love it! Controlling the volume is much easier. Thanks guys
Great quality, nice clean sound/output. Love the feel & taper of the knobs. You can’t go wrong with Fralins!!!!
This pre-wired solution was perfect for me. My guitar tech removed the factory pick-ups and control plate and installed the Fralin pickups and pre-wired control plate in an hour and I was on my way. Tremendous sound with my new Telecaster pick-ups and all the noise I’d experienced with the factory wiring is suddenly gone. Everything I received was far superior to the factory.
This first time I’ve ordered a prewired switch plate from you guys but I did want the Eldred Esquire wiring and it’s perfect! A couple of solders and I was installing and ready to go! Highly recommend
After popping off the controls plate on my brand new Fender Ultra Luxe Telecaster, I was very disappointed with the cheap parts and a very complicated jumble of wires and pots they used to make it noiseless. The prewired control plate from Fralin looks amazing and I was able to install it and new pickups in a half an hour, even with my limited electronics experience. It was a piece of cake!
Again as always the guys down at Fralin’s have done a wonderful job for me. I have over the last 3 years or so have been using Fralin’s products . Their stuff including fabulous pickups or prewired control plates are the best I can find. I have enjoyed building quit a few guitars now that I am retired . Doing guitar builds has led me to Fralin’s shop and I have never been disappointed .
I apologize for the delay, but I need to sing your praises. The Tele pickup, P90 and the harness you built for me is beyond words. The tones I am able to achieve are heavenly and a thing of beauty. I can not thank you and your group of technicians enough. Your recommendations were spot on and just as described. Thank you, thank you.
Great item! My guitar tech was very impressed with the quality of the wiring and pots. Well worth the money spent! Super high quality. Can’t wait to leave more feedback for the pickups (Blues specials) used in the build. My guitar is better than any Fender custom shop piece and plays and sounds FANTASTIC! Lindy is a LEGEND that truly deserves that moniker. He called me personally a couple times to resolve some issues (due to my ignorance) which he solved in a very timely matter. Turn around time was much faster than advertised. Great work Lindy – more to come from me for sure!
This is actually the second Telecaster prewired plate for a Telecaster build I’ve gotten from you guys. I can do these myself, as Tele’s are about the easiest guitars to wire in standard configuration, but it’s nice to have a pro setup. These are great pots and components which made for a great easy five minute solder job for me. This time I had a series/parallel switch as part of the package, and this thing sounds great! You made my builds go a little more smoothly. Great quality and great quick service. Thanks!
Juste amazing … great tone… great product … with the blues special tele pickup: this is the best upgrade ever!
Thanks so much!
NOTES ON FINISH:
- Aged Control Plates are aged by hand and feature slight defects and a raw look. We cannot guarantee that the plate you receive will look like our photos - they are all unique.
- We cannot guarantee finish matching of the plate and knobs perfectly. Because of this, we cannot provide a return to you if you are unhappy with the finish matching of our Prewired Telecaster Control Plate.
- Our parts and wire lengths are designed to work seamlessly with our Prewired Telecaster Control Plate. Due to various guitar and instrument designs, we cannot guarantee that our parts will fit properly, and due to this, we do not offer Wiring Harnesses.
STAY IN TOUCH