Prewired Telecaster Control Plate
Customize and upgrade your Telecaster, instantly with the Lindy Fralin Telecaster Control Plate. With over 150 combinations available, you can select your options, and we’ll wire it up just how you like it. Installation involves soldering a few wires into place. As always, we only use the finest-quality USA-Made parts we can find.
Jump to Sound Clips and Product Info:
Our Wiring Skills, Your Personality.
Want to learn more about our Prewired Telecaster Control Plate? Here's all the information you'll need:
Prewired Telecaster Control Plate FEATURES:
Our Pre-Wired Telecaster Control Plate is designed by you and built by us. Chrome and Aged Nickel Prewired Control Plates come loaded with the highest quality materials available – from CRL® Switches to CTS® Pots. Of course, all our parts are made in the USA and are assembled and wired by hand in Richmond, VA.
Look & Feel
We offer Chrome Telecaster Control Plates and Aged Nickel Telecaster Control Plates. Aged Nickel Telecaster Control Plates all have a unique patina to them to make them look slightly reliced and older. Due to the aging process, each Aged Nickel Telecaster Control Plate is unique, and no two are alike.
We can wire up your Tele Control Plate a couple of different ways: Normal Orientation and Flipped Orientation.
- Normal Orientation: With a Normal Orientation Telecaster Control Plate, your switch is closest to the headstock.
- Flipped Orientation: With a Flipped Orientation, the Control Plate orients with the Switch closest to the Output Jack, and the Volume Pot closest to the headstock. This is great for those who love to utilize volume swells.
We can wire up your switch a couple of different ways – here are your options:
- 3-Way CRL: This will give you normal Telecaster functionality – Bridge Only / Bridge – Neck / Neck Only.
- 5-Way CRL: This is perfect for Nashville Telecasters, with three pickups.
Choose 250K Pots if you have single-coil Telecaster pickups or pickups that are brighter. 250K pots will make darker sounding pickups too dark and muddy.
Choose 500K Pots if you have Humbuckers, P-90’s, or other dark-sounding pickups. 500K pots will make single-coil Telecaster pickups sound too shrill.
Tone Cap Value:
Read up on our Tone Caps here.
- .02 mfd sounds excellent on most Fender guitars and will give you a medium roll-off in tone.
- .05 mfd will offer a much deeper and darker roll-off than .02.
- Magic Cap: This is a low capacitance cap (.0015 mfd) and only works on the Bridge Pickup only. The effect is extremely subtle – not like a regular cap. It tends to make treble strings sound slightly fatter.
- Can you wire it up without the Chrome Plate? As it turns out, No. If this matters to you, you can pull out all the wiring once you receive it to put it in your Control Plate. It’s just too time-consuming and unsafe to ship without a solid control plate holding everything together.
- Can I return my Control Plate? No. Since these are so custom and made to order, all Telecaster Control Plate sales are final, and not available for exchange or return.
- What if I don’t see what I want? Please use the “Notes” field on the checkout screen to type in any special requests. Use this field to describe how you want it wired as well if you wish to have anything customized. We’ll make it to your specs.
Installation is easy, and only takes a few steps. Check out our in-depth Telecaster Control Plate Installation Guide Below:
Telecaster Control Plate Installation Guide
Prewired Telecaster Control Plate Questions And Answers:
Have a question about our Prewired Telecaster Control Plate? Ask it here. Your Question will be publically visible. If you want to ask a Private Question, please contact us through our Contact Us Form.
If you have multiple questions, please call us at (804) 358-2699.
hello my tele is an old one 66 or 67 it had the dark tone in it to start with darren riley put in fralin blues special years ago when the pick up in bridge went bad what would i need to replace the plate with now
Q hello my tele is an old one 66 or 67 it had the dark tone in it to start with darren riley put in...... Read moreA
Hey Ronald, nothing crazy - keep the electronics simple: 0.02mfd Tone Cap, 250K Pots, Switchcraft Output Jack. Any Push Pull pots will add functionality to your plate - but you might not need them.
What tone cap do you recommend for your Blues Special tele pickups?
Q What tone cap do you recommend for your Blues Special tele pickups?A
Hey Dan, 0.02mfd is the perfect cap for those pickups!
Hey friends, I purchased from you Prewired Telecaster Control Plate complete setup. Can you tell me what size shaft are on the pots. 1/4 or 6mm Thanks, Frank
Q Hey friends, I purchased from you Prewired Telecaster Control Plate complete setup. Can you tell ...... Read moreA
Hey Frank, all of our pots are 1/4" shaft. Thanks!
I've wired up this control plate, but the tone cap came separately. Where should I wire it in exactly?
Q I've wired up this control plate, but the tone cap came separately. Where should I wire it in exa...... Read moreA
Hey Alan, can you email me a photo of your control plate? We may have given you a second one just in case you don't like the one installed. I can take a look at the wiring and let you know.
Can a single P90 guitar (Tele Style) effetively utilize an Esquire (3 position selector) wiring harness without issues?
Q Can a single P90 guitar (Tele Style) effetively utilize an Esquire (3 position selector) wiring h...... Read moreA
Hey David, I don't forsee any issues with it at all! Should work just fine. Tyler
Note:Asking a question here will be public to all users of this site
Hey!Did you already ask a question on our Contact Us Form? Don't ask it again here. Please be patient while we get back to you.
131 Genuine Reviews for Prewired Telecaster Control Plate
Add a review
Leave a review for our Prewired Telecaster Control Plate
NOTES ON FINISH:
- Aged Control Plates are aged by hand and feature slight defects and a raw look. We cannot guarantee that the plate you receive will look like our photos - they are all unique.
- We cannot guarantee finish matching of the plate and knobs perfectly. Because of this, we cannot provide a return to you if you are unhappy with the finish matching of our Prewired Telecaster Control Plate.
- Our parts and wire lengths are designed to work seamlessly with our Prewired Telecaster Control Plate. Due to various guitar and instrument designs, we cannot guarantee that our parts will fit properly, and due to this, we do not offer Wiring Harnesses.
Pots are smooth and expressive. Craftsmanship is impeccable. This control plate, coupled with Lindy Fralin dual blade tele’s, made a boring guitar come to life!
Excellent work, gentlemen. Replaced the factory control assembly with yours…….easy install, perfect results. My only wish is that the pots were solid shaft. On a telecaster there is no need for anything else.
I have ordered two of these control plates, and they’re just fantastic. High quality, assembled beautifully, and really easy to install.
250k pot with a 500k pot for a P90 neck pickup – just great – very professionally completed…!!!
Works like a charm, as expected .
This control plate made all the difference in the world to the sound of my Tele. I highly recommend this to everyone looking to replace their switch plate on there Tele.
Top end parts all around as advertised. The switch is as solid as you could ask for and the knobs/pots feel so satisfying that it instantly makes your guitar feel like a custom shop piece. Could you source these all out and build your own? Sure. But you’re paying for expertise in assembly, customer support, QA, and most importantly the convenience in knowing that it will function & sound as good as it possibly can.
This is my second prewired control plate on 2 different Esquire builds. They are great and sound even better! Highly recommend
This really rounded out my tele build nicely. Dropped right into a warmoth body, and soldered easily to the Blues tele pickups I ordered. I love all the available options! I picked the flipped control plate orientation and ended up turning my switch around too to match the pickup order. Had to add a longer wire to do that but it turned out great!
Bought Lindy’s reversed Tele control plate for use with a set of “Blues Special” PUPs on my Partscaster. Works as advertised and really brings out the, darker, “more mids” character of the PUP’s that is more in line with my primarily rock playing. For a few hundred bucks, I now have a Tele that stands right with boutique specials costing thousands.