Prewired Telecaster Control Plate
Customize and upgrade your Telecaster, instantly with the Lindy Fralin Telecaster Control Plate. With over 150 combinations available, you can select your options, and we’ll wire it up just how you like it. Installation involves soldering a few wires into place. As always, we only use the finest-quality USA-Made parts we can find.
Our Wiring Skills, Your Personality.
Want to learn more about our Prewired Telecaster Control Plate? Here's all the information you'll need:
Prewired Telecaster Control Plate FEATURES:
Our Pre-Wired Telecaster Control Plate is designed by you and built by us. Chrome and Aged Chrome Prewired Control Plates come loaded with the highest quality materials available – from CRL® Switches to CTS® Pots. Of course, all our parts are made in the USA and are assembled and wired by hand in Richmond, VA.
Look & Feel
We offer Chrome Telecaster Control Plates and Aged Nickel Telecaster Control Plates. Aged Nickel Telecaster Control Plates all have a unique patina to them to make them look slightly reliced and older. Due to the aging process, each Aged Nickel Telecaster Control Plate is unique, and no two are alike.
We can wire up your Tele Control Plate a couple of different ways: Normal Orientation and Flipped Orientation.
- Normal Orientation: With a Normal Orientation Telecaster Control Plate, your switch is closest to the headstock.
- Flipped Orientation: With a Flipped Orientation, the Control Plate orients with the Switch closest to the Output Jack, and the Volume Pot closest to the headstock. This is great for those who love to utilize volume swells.
We can wire up your switch a couple of different ways – here are your options:
- 3-Way CRL: This will give you normal Telecaster functionality – Bridge Only / Bridge – Neck / Neck Only.
- 5-Way CRL: This is perfect for Nashville Telecasters, with three pickups.
Choose 250K Pots if you have single-coil Telecaster pickups or pickups that are brighter. 250K pots will make darker sounding pickups too dark and muddy.
Choose 500K Pots if you have Humbuckers, P-90’s, or other dark-sounding pickups. 500K pots will make single-coil Telecaster pickups sound too shrill.
Tone Cap Value:
Read up on our Tone Caps here.
- .02 mfd sounds excellent on most Fender guitars and will give you a medium roll-off in tone.
- .05 mfd will offer a much deeper and darker roll-off than .02.
- Magic Cap: This is a low capacitance cap (.0015 mfd) and only works on the Bridge Pickup only. The effect is extremely subtle – not like a regular cap. It tends to make treble strings sound slightly fatter.
We can add some cool push-pull modifications to your control plate to shape your unique sound. For an explanation of the Bright Switch, click here.
The 2-Tone Cap Modification allows you to have two-tone caps on your guitar at the same time. If you want this, please let us know in the “Order Notes” field on the checkout screen which cap you want when pushed down, and what cap you want when pulled up.
- Can you wire it up without the Chrome Plate? As it turns out, No. If this matters to you, you can pull out all the wiring once you receive it to put it in your Control Plate. It’s just too time-consuming and unsafe to ship without a solid control plate holding everything together.
- Can I return my Control Plate? No. Since these are so custom and made to order, all Telecaster Control Plate sales are final, and not available for exchange or return.
- What if I don’t see what I want? Please use the “Notes” field on the checkout screen to type in any special requests. Use this field to describe how you want it wired as well if you wish to have anything customized. We’ll make it to your specs.
Installation is easy, and only takes a few steps. Check out our in-depth Telecaster Control Plate Installation Guide Below:
Prewired Telecaster Control Plate Questions And Answers:
Have a question about our Prewired Telecaster Control Plate? Ask it here. Your Question will be publically visible.
If you want to ask a Private Question, please contact us through our Contact Us Form.
If you have multiple questions, please call us at (804) 358-2699.
Hey folks, I’m assembling a telecaster with a filtertron at the neck and a p90 at the bridge. I’d like to purchase one of your preassemble control plates. I’ve been advised to use a 250k pot as I’m looking for a bit jazzier tone - not traditional Tele bright. Probably a std. .02 cap as well. That’s the context. My question is: do you have a 4 position switch option - I only saw 3 and 5. I’m thinking of trying the series/parallel thing...
Q Hey folks, I’m assembling a telecaster with a filtertron at the neck and a p90 at the bridge. I’d...... Read moreA
Hey Robert, under the "Options & Upgrades" menu, there is a Push Pull Modification called "Series / Parallel Push-Pull Mod (4-Way Switching) (+$18.00) ". You can select this on either the Volume Pot or the Tone Pot, and it will give you series / parallel switching. More information on this modification is here - Read more
Is it possible to buy a gold or black prewired control plate fot telecaster?
Q Is it possible to buy a gold or black prewired control plate fot telecaster?A
Hey Lena, as it turns out, we do not stock these finishes. That said, you can always purchase a prewired Control Plate from us and transfer the knobs / control plate to a different plate! - Tyler
I got an squire afinity series and want to upgrade both the pickups and control plate. Can I buy the blues pickups and the prewired control plate and swap the parts? Or do I need to use some of the originals? Both pickups are single coils. I also like the idea of series tone
Q I got an squire afinity series and want to upgrade both the pickups and control plate. Can I buy ...... Read moreA
Hey Jorge, our Prewired Telecaster Control Plate and Blues Specials will be a drop-in replacement for what you have. Simply take out the old pickups and electronics, and replace them with ours! Should be very quick and easy to install. - Tyler
Can you please do the elred mod so I can simply solder my pickup and jack in to make my tele a esquire?
Q Can you please do the elred mod so I can simply solder my pickup and jack in to make my tele a es...... Read moreA
Hey Stephen, yes, our Eldred Mod will allow you to simply solder 1-2 wires.
Hello, I have a no hum p90 humbucker I am planning on putting on my tele at the neck position, then buying the Split Steel Tele for the bridge. In the descriptions, you recommend 500k pots for the no hum P90 Humbucker and 250k pots for the Split Steel Tele bridge. How should I order the prewired control plate? Thank you
Q Hello, I have a no hum p90 humbucker I am planning on putting on my tele at the neck position, th...... Read moreA
Hey Anthony, all we need to do is use 500K pots and use a 500K resistor on the Bridge position, like this wiring diagram here. Just use the "Notes" field on the checkout screen to request it, and we'll take care of it at no additional cost!
Heads Up! Asking a question here will be public to all users of this site.
Hey! Did you already ask a question on our Contact Us Form? Don't ask it again here. Please be patient while we get back to you.