Prewired Telecaster Control Plate
Customize and upgrade your Telecaster, instantly with the Lindy Fralin Telecaster Control Plate. With over 150 combinations available, you can select your options, and we’ll wire it up just how you like it. Installation involves soldering a few wires into place. As always, we only use the finest-quality USA-Made parts we can find.
Jump to Sound Clips and Product Info:
Our Wiring Skills, Your Personality.
Want to learn more about our Prewired Telecaster Control Plate? Here's all the information you'll need:
Prewired Telecaster Control Plate FEATURES:
Our Pre-Wired Telecaster Control Plate is designed by you and built by us. Chrome and Aged Nickel Prewired Control Plates come loaded with the highest quality materials available – from CRL® Switches to CTS® Pots. Of course, all our parts are made in the USA and are assembled and wired by hand in Richmond, VA.
Look & Feel
We offer Chrome Telecaster Control Plates and Aged Nickel Telecaster Control Plates. Aged Nickel Telecaster Control Plates all have a unique patina to them to make them look slightly reliced and older. Due to the aging process, each Aged Nickel Telecaster Control Plate is unique, and no two are alike.
We can wire up your Tele Control Plate a couple of different ways: Normal Orientation and Flipped Orientation.
- Normal Orientation: With a Normal Orientation Telecaster Control Plate, your switch is closest to the headstock.
- Flipped Orientation: With a Flipped Orientation, the Control Plate orients with the Switch closest to the Output Jack, and the Volume Pot closest to the headstock. This is great for those who love to utilize volume swells.
We can wire up your switch a couple of different ways – here are your options:
- 3-Way CRL: This will give you normal Telecaster functionality – Bridge Only / Bridge – Neck / Neck Only.
- 5-Way CRL: This is perfect for Nashville Telecasters, with three pickups.
Choose 250K Pots if you have single-coil Telecaster pickups or pickups that are brighter. 250K pots will make darker sounding pickups too dark and muddy.
Choose 500K Pots if you have Humbuckers, P-90’s, or other dark-sounding pickups. 500K pots will make single-coil Telecaster pickups sound too shrill.
Tone Cap Value:
Read up on our Tone Caps here.
- .02 mfd sounds excellent on most Fender guitars and will give you a medium roll-off in tone.
- .05 mfd will offer a much deeper and darker roll-off than .02.
- Magic Cap: This is a low capacitance cap (.0015 mfd) and only works on the Bridge Pickup only. The effect is extremely subtle – not like a regular cap. It tends to make treble strings sound slightly fatter.
- Can you wire it up without the Chrome Plate? As it turns out, No. If this matters to you, you can pull out all the wiring once you receive it to put it in your Control Plate. It’s just too time-consuming and unsafe to ship without a solid control plate holding everything together.
- Can I return my Control Plate? No. Since these are so custom and made to order, all Telecaster Control Plate sales are final, and not available for exchange or return.
- What if I don’t see what I want? Please use the “Notes” field on the checkout screen to type in any special requests. Use this field to describe how you want it wired as well if you wish to have anything customized. We’ll make it to your specs.
Installation is easy, and only takes a few steps. Check out our in-depth Telecaster Control Plate Installation Guide Below:
Telecaster Control Plate Installation Guide
Prewired Telecaster Control Plate Questions And Answers:
Have a question about our Prewired Telecaster Control Plate? Ask it here. Your Question will be publically visible. If you want to ask a Private Question, please contact us through our Contact Us Form.
If you have multiple questions, please call us at (804) 358-2699.
Can you make a pre-wired control plate for a 1995 MIJ TL 71 Telecaster?
Q Can you make a pre-wired control plate for a 1995 MIJ TL 71 Telecaster?A
Hey Randy, yes! As long as your mounting hole spacing is 5.83" and your routed width is over 1", you'll have no issues fitting our Control Plate.
Do you recommend using 500K pots with your split blade tele pickups? Building an Esquire with Eldred wiring control plate.
Q Do you recommend using 500K pots with your split blade tele pickups? Building an Esquire with Eld...... Read moreA Hey Terry, only if you select either the Blues or Super High Output models. The Vintage and High Output models sound best on 250K pots.
hello my tele is an old one 66 or 67 it had the dark tone in it to start with darren riley put in fralin blues special years ago when the pick up in bridge went bad what would i need to replace the plate with now
Q hello my tele is an old one 66 or 67 it had the dark tone in it to start with darren riley put in...... Read moreA
Hey Ronald, nothing crazy - keep the electronics simple: 0.02mfd Tone Cap, 250K Pots, Switchcraft Output Jack. Any Push Pull pots will add functionality to your plate - but you might not need them.
What tone cap do you recommend for your Blues Special tele pickups?
Q What tone cap do you recommend for your Blues Special tele pickups?A
Hey Dan, 0.02mfd is the perfect cap for those pickups!
Hey friends, I purchased from you Prewired Telecaster Control Plate complete setup. Can you tell me what size shaft are on the pots. 1/4 or 6mm Thanks, Frank
Q Hey friends, I purchased from you Prewired Telecaster Control Plate complete setup. Can you tell ...... Read moreA
Hey Frank, all of our pots are 1/4" shaft. Thanks!
Note:Asking a question here will be public to all users of this site
Hey!Did you already ask a question on our Contact Us Form? Don't ask it again here. Please be patient while we get back to you.
135 Genuine Reviews for Prewired Telecaster Control Plate
Add a review
Leave a review for our Prewired Telecaster Control Plate
NOTES ON FINISH:
- Aged Control Plates are aged by hand and feature slight defects and a raw look. We cannot guarantee that the plate you receive will look like our photos - they are all unique.
- We cannot guarantee finish matching of the plate and knobs perfectly. Because of this, we cannot provide a return to you if you are unhappy with the finish matching of our Prewired Telecaster Control Plate.
- Our parts and wire lengths are designed to work seamlessly with our Prewired Telecaster Control Plate. Due to various guitar and instrument designs, we cannot guarantee that our parts will fit properly, and due to this, we do not offer Wiring Harnesses.
STAY IN TOUCH
Control Plate functions well and the volume is easily controlled with pinky swells. Will be upgrading my Squire Tele with Frailin in the near future.
Absolutely amazing components, craftsmanship and quality. If any of you are on the fence about this control plate or anything Fralin offers, jump off and into the arms of superior tone that Fralin can offer. Wiring was easy and only took about 40 minutes! Made a mistake on my order and my boy Jon helped me out. So, amazing customer service as well. My Fat Nashville Tele (Frank) is singin’ loud and clear thanks to Fralin. 10/10 highly recommend and will buy again. Thank you!
Absolutely perfect…and the customer service was equal to product!!! I recommend and will continue to support these products!!!!
Man, Fralin knocked it out of the park with this loaded control plate! Super easy to install and my thinline sounds 1000% better.
Great product! The pots and switch are excellent quality and stay in place. No accidently volume/tone changes by brushing up against the knob and switch.
my fralin products have surpassed all expectations. following the advise f my friend kenny vaughan I am sooooo happy. now if I could get a set of superlatones!! please!!!
Customer service is excellent. They answer your questions perfectly so you know exactly what your getting. The workmanship is perfect. This will be my go to for wiring of anything electrical. My next project will be a Strat. This is the place I’ll get a prewired pickguard
Talk about customer service, these guys were right on it. I had made a mistake when I ordered my custom pre-wired control plate. They called me to insure that I was getting what I wanted. When I received it and was installing the control plate I had a wiring question, I called and talk to Tyler who had built it for me. He walked me right through everything. These guys are great and their pickups and their pre-wired control plates are the best. I will be a customer for life. Thanks Fralin crew
I have yet to receive my control plate yet, but I have to say that when you have a question as I did (what configuration of pots and capacitors would work best with a set of TV Jones pickups?) and Lindy picks up the phone and walks you through the options… well, that’s pretty darn cool. Can’t wait for my order!
Excellent product – love the feel of the pots & switch!