Customizable Prewired Strat Pickguard
$345.00 – $362.00
Don’t settle for some one-size-fits-all generic pickguard. Design your own with the finest-quality materials in the industry. Our Strat Prewired Pickguards are the perfect product for anyone who wants the Fralin Tone, instantly. We use the finest materials available: from CTS® Pots, AllParts® Pickguards, and CRL® Switches.
Our Pickups, Your Personality.
Want to learn more about our Customizable Prewired Strat Pickguard? Here's all the information you'll need:
Customizable Prewired Strat Pickguard FEATURES:
- The ultimate “Build Your Own” Stratocaster Pickguard
- USA-Made pickups & electronics for superior quality
- Hand-wired with USA-Made vintage cloth lead for a traditional look
- Fully customizable – from appearance to function
- Features a variety of Push-Pull mods for a personalized tone
- Hand-assembled signed and dated by our pickguard craftsman
- 10-year warranty on materials and craftsmanship
At Fralin Pickups, we’re always trying to make you sound better. The Fralin Prewired Pickguard offers the best tone and highest quality available. We use our world-famous pickups with the best ingredients we can get. We hand-wire our prewired pickguard with painstaking attention to detail.
Furthermore, you can customize your pickguard exactly how you want it! With this Prewired Pickguard, you can have the famous Fralin tone and ease of mind. All you need to do is solder a few wires, screw it in, string it up, and you’re off rocking!
Sound & Look
Choose Your Pickguard
We use the finest quality pickguards available. These are standard USA-Made 11-hole Stratocaster pickguards. The following options are available:
We wanted to use the highest-quality, USA-Made pickguards available. We have Single Ply White (8-hole vintage style), 3-Ply White, Mint Green, Parchment, Black, White Pearloid, Parchment Pearloid, and Tortoise.
Choose your pickups
With our pickguards, you can choose any combination of pickups you would like. Load in a calibrated set of pickups like our best-selling Vintage Hots or Blues Specials, or mix and match!
Choose your Cover Color
Customize your look further with our Strat Pickup Covers. We have Black, Mint Green, Parchment (Aged White), and White covers available.
You can customize your wiring as well! We’ll wire your pickguard to your specifications. Most of the time, you’re going to use 250K Split Shaft Pots, as these work well with our plastic knobs. If you’re using your own metal knobs with a set-screw, choose Solid Shaft pots. Confused? Check out our in-depth article on pots and how to choose here.
Here are some popular combinations:
- Master Tone with a Blender Pot
- Neck & Middle Tone and separate Bridge Tone
- Master Tone 1 (.02 Cap) – Master Tone 2 (Magic Cap)
Complete your look with a matching backplate for your Strat. We have matching backplates for all of our pickguard colors.
Check out our installation guide below to put your new pickguard in! With 20 minutes a few easy steps, you can get your pickguard in your guitar and start rocking out with some of the best sounding pickups in the world! Follow the Installation Guide below, or watch the video:
[su_button url=”https://www.fralinpickups.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Prewired-Pickguard-Installation-Guide.pdf” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#222222″ color=”#f5f5f5″ size=”13″ wide=”yes” center=”yes” radius=”0″ icon=”icon: chevron-circle-right” icon_color=”FFFFFF” text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #000000″ class=””]Installation Guide[/su_button]
How long will my Pickguard take? One week on average.
Can you wire it up without the Pickguard? As it turns out, No. You can transfer all the wiring once you receive it. It’s time-consuming and unsafe to ship it without a pickguard.
Can I return my Pickguard? No. Since these are custom and made to order, all pickguard sales are final. Returns and exchanges are not available.
What Pots should I use? Most of the time, 250K Split Shaft pots will work best. They are for guitars with single-coil pickups and plastic knobs. If you have metal knobs, go with Solid Shaft Pots. To order Solid Shaft Pots, please use the “notes” field on the checkout screen.
- Do you offer Pickguards in Left-Handed Configuration? Yes – we only offer them in the following 4 options: White 3 Ply, Black 3-Ply, Parchment 3-Ply, and White Pearloid. Please use the “Notes” field to request Left Hand after you’ve selected your options. Note: We can’t perform common push-pull mods on Left-Handed Pickguards.
What if I don’t see exactly what I want? Use the “Notes” field on the checkout screen to type in any special requests – we’ll try our best to accommodate you. Not all custom wiring options are possible.
What does a Magic Cap do? Our Magic Cap is a very low capacitance tone cap. It doesn’t roll off highs as much as it seems to boost the mids. This really works well on the bridge pickup only.
What does a Blender Pot do? Our Blender Pot takes the place of Tone #2, and it allows you to blend between the Neck and Bridge. You can get all 3 pickups on, and Neck and Bridge combinations with a Blender Pot.
What does a Baseplate do? A Baseplate is a steel plate that adds a little bit of bass and power to your bridge pickup.
Why don’t I see Ground Jumper wires between all my parts? Our pickguards have a metal shielding that connects the metal parts together – we don’t need to use jumper wires.
Customizable Prewired Strat Pickguard Questions And Answers:
Have a question about our Customizable Prewired Strat Pickguard? Leave it here! We will answer your question within 24 hours.
Trying to leave a review for our Customizable Prewired Strat Pickguard? Leave one here.
NOTES ON COLOR:
- Please note that while we strive to provide the most accurate color representation possible, different computer monitors, manufacturer dye lots, and other circumstances may prevent the color from matching perfectly.
- Since we cannot guarantee color matching, we cannot provide a return to you if you are unhappy with the color matching of our Customizable Prewired Strat Pickguard.
- Our parts and wire lengths are designed to work seamlessly with our Customizable Prewired Strat Pickguard. Due to various guitar and instrument designs, we cannot guarantee that our parts will fit properly, and due to this, we do not offer Wiring Harnesses.