Customizable Prewired 4-Split Blade Pickguard
Our Pre-Wired Strat Pickguards are the perfect product for anyone who wants the Fralin Tone, instantly. We use the finest materials available: from CTS® Pots, AllParts® Pickguards, and CRL® Switches. With a few short steps with a soldering iron, you can be rocking out with a new look, and the best tone you can find, instantly. With this pickguard, you have more options than ever, with no hum!
Unique. Versatile. All you.
This might be the ultimate prewired pickguard for Strat. Our Prewired 4 Split Blade Pickguard is truly unique. This pickguard gives you hum-free performance, with H-S-S and S-S-S sounds. The unique dual Split Blade bridge gives a humbucker tone when both Split Blades are on. When Split, you’ll get hum-free single-coil tones. This allows you to have a ton of amazing noiseless options at your fingertips. You can customize your pickguard exactly how you want it, and we’ll make it to your specifications.
- Lindy Fralin Original Design
- Unique 4-Split Blade design for Humbucker and SSS tones
- An interesting and unique look
- Clean and clear, lots of Fender sparkle and twang
- USA-made Magnets for optimal tonal balance and output
- Compensated Bridge for even volume across all pickups
- Three Blade heights available for different fingerboard radiuses
- Hand-wound with our “Sectioning” technique for unique, dynamic tone
- Hand-built for unrivaled quality control
- 10-Year Warranty on manufacturing defects
CHOOSE YOUR PICKGUARD
We wanted to use the finest quality pickguards available. We had Allparts custom-make these pickguards specifically for us. These are custom-designed 11-hole Stratocaster pickguards, designed to use two Split Blades in the bridge. We have them available in the following plys and colors:
- White – 3 Ply
- Parchment (off white) – 3 Ply
- Mint Green – 3 Ply
- Black – 3-Ply
CHOOSE YOUR PICKUPS:
With our 4-Split Blade Pickguard, you can choose any combination of pickups you would like. There are a few popular combinations available. First, our compensated sets sound the even across all pickups. For instance, choosing the Vintage Set will give you an even, authentic Fender tone. Furthermore, you can mix pickup outputs to achieve the effect you want. A popular combination is using Vintage in the Neck and Middle, and High Output in the Bridge.
Determining the outputs and pot values are important for a great-sounding guitar. Vintage Output & High Output Split Blades sound best with 250K pots. Blues Output & Super High Output Split Blades sound best with 500K pots.
See below for a useful chart:
CHOOSE YOUR KNOB AND COVER COLOR:
We have White, Parchment (Aged White), Mint Green, and Black Knobs available, and White and Black available for the Split Blade colors. Note: we only have plastic knobs available. If you choose Solid Shaft Pots (for metal knobs) please understand that metal knobs are customer-provided, and we will ship your order without plastic knobs.
CHOOSE YOUR WIRING:
We wire our Prewired Pickguard with versatility in mind. Expect complete control over your tone, with tons of options at your fingertips.
Our default wiring: the Volume Knob will be a Master Volume and will control the volume of the entire guitar. The Tone Knob is a Master Tone. It will control the tone of your entire guitar. The Tone Pot is also a Push-Pull: it splits the Bridge pickup. Pulling up on the tone pot will put the Bridge in Single Coil mode.
The Tone Pot 2 is a Blender Pot. The Blender Pot gives you the optimal amount of tonal versatility. You can achieve Telecaster tones, enhanced “quack”, and more. The Blender Pot rolls in the volume of the Neck and Bridge – allowing you to get more pickup combinations.
Want to customize any of the above? Request it in the “Notes” field.
Check out our installation guide below to put your new pickguard in! With 20 minutes a few easy steps, you can get your pickguard in your guitar and start rocking out with some of the best sounding pickups in the world!
- How long will my Pickguard take? Since we’re building it from scratch, give us about 7-10 days. We will always try to get it out beforehand.
- Can you wire it up without the Pickguard? No. Choose an inexpensive pickguard, and pull out all the wiring once you receive it to put it in your own pickguard. It’s too time consuming and unsafe to ship without a solid pickguard.
- Can I return my Pickguard? No. Our Pickguards are custom and made to order. All pickguard sales are final, and not available for exchange or return.
- What Pots should I use? 250K Split Shaft pots will work best for Vintage and High Output models. Blues and Super High Output sounds best with 500K Pots. If you have metal knobs at home, go with Solid Shaft Pots.
- What if I don’t see exactly what I want? Use the “Notes” field on the checkout screen to type in any special requests. We’ll make it to your specs.
- Do you have any other colors in this pickguard variation? We only have the White, Black, Aged White, and Mint Green available.
- What does a Magic Cap do? Our Magic Cap is a very low capacitance tone cap. It doesn’t roll off highs as much as it seems to boost the mids. This works well on the bridge pickup only.
- What does a Blender Pot do? Our Blender Pot takes the place of Tone #2, and it allows you to blend between the Neck and Bridge. You can get all 3 pickups on with a Blender Pot.
- Why don’t I see Ground Jumper wires between all my parts? Our pickguards have metal shielding that connects the metal parts together. Because of this, we don’t need to use jumper wires.
We're all about building trust with our customers. That's why we don't moderate our reviews. What you see is what we get!