Max-Out Your Telecaster. Instantly.
Our Pre-Wired Telecaster Control Plates are designed by you and built by us. Our Chrome Prewired Control Plates come loaded with the highest quality materials available – from CRL® and Oak-Grigsby® Switches to CTS® Pots. Of course, all our parts are made in the USA and are assembled and wired by hand in Richmond, VA.
We offer Chrome Telecaster Control Plates and Aged Nickel Telecaster Control Plates. Aged Nickel Telecaster Control Plates all have a unique patina to them to make them look slightly reliced and older. Due to the aging process, each Aged Nickel Telecaster Control Plate is unique, and no two are alike. (note)
As of August 2019, we are out of stock of Aged Control Plates. We have more on order, but they may be months out. We’ll keep you posted when they are back in stock.
We can wire up your Tele Control Plate a couple of different ways: Normal Orientation and Flipped Orientation.
- Normal Orientation: With a Normal Orientation Telecaster Control Plate, your switch is closest to the headstock.
- Flipped Orientation: With a Flipped Orientation, the Control Plate orients with the Switch closest to the Output Jack, and the Volume Pot closest to the headstock. This is great for those who love to utilize volume swells.
We can wire up your switch a couple of different ways – here are your options:
- 3-Way CRL: This will give you normal Telecaster functionality – Bridge Only / Bridge – Neck / Neck Only.
- 5-Way CRL: This is perfect for Nashville Telecasters, with three pickups.
Choose 250K Pots if you have single coil Telecaster pickups or pickups that are brighter. 250K pots will make darker sounding pickups too dark and muddy.
Choose 500K Pots if you have Humbuckers, P-90’s, or other dark-sounding pickups. 500K pots will make single coil Telecaster pickups sound too shrill.
Tone Cap Value:
Read up on our Tone Caps here.
- .02 mfd sounds excellent on most Fender guitars and will give you a medium roll-off in tone.
- .05 mfd will offer a much deeper and darker roll-off than .02.
- Magic Cap: This is a low capacitance cap (.0015 mfd) and only works on the Bridge Pickup only. The effect is extremely subtle – not like a regular cap. It tends to make treble strings sound slightly fatter.
We can add on some cool push-pull modifications to your control plate to shape your unique sound. For an explanation of the Bright Switch, click here.
The 2-Tone Cap Modification allows you to have two-tone caps on your guitar at the same time. If you want this, please let us know in the “Order Notes” field on the checkout screen which cap you want when pushed down, and what cap you want when pulled up.
- How long will my Control Plate take? Please give us five days to build and assemble your Control Plate. All orders are made to order and wired by hand.
- Can you wire it up without the Chrome Plate? As it turns out, No. If this matters to you, you can pull out all the wiring once you receive it to put it in your Control Plate. It’s just too time-consuming and unsafe to ship without a solid control plate holding everything together.
- Can I return my Control Plate? No. Since these are so custom and made to order, all Telecaster Control Plate sales are final, and not available for exchange or return.
- What if I don’t see what I want? Use the “Notes” field on the checkout screen to type in any special requests. Use this field to describe how you want it wired as well if you wish to have anything customized. We’ll make it to your specs.
- Do you offer different knobs and plates? We can special-order these – please add 2 -3 weeks to your order.