50’S VIBE, WITH A MODERN TWIST.
The Lindy Fralin Standard humbucker is our best-selling humbucker we make. We took the specifications of the 50’s Gibson® P.A.F. pickups and put our own modern twist on it. The Standard humbucker is Thicker, stronger, and warmer than our Pure P.A.F. This pickup will give you a modern, thicker tone that still sounds vintage and clean. The Standard humbucker has a higher output than the Pure P.A.F., with stronger magnets and more winds. It will break up earlier than the Pure P.A.F. Lindy’s idea with our Standard humbucker was to push the 50’s sound a step into the future by taking the Pure P.A.F. and giving it some steroids.
Thick, strong, yet clear. The Standard Humbucker will break up a little earlier than more vintage-sounding humbuckers, and you’ll find that it’s loud, with a bold sound. Built with AlNicCo IV and 42-gauge plain enamel wire, the Standard Humbucker is the perfect balance between modern and vintage tone. When playing clean, you’ll find that this pickup has a thicker, warmer tone. With distortion, you’ll find that the grind is dirtier than the Pure P.A.F., with light compression. All humbuckers give you pure-sounding plain strings and bright wound strings.
- Based off of 50’s specs, with a modern twist.
- Thick, strong while still bright.
- Early, smooth breakup
- Bright wound strings, pure-sounding plain strings
- Made by hand, one at a time.
Wound with 42-gauge plain enamel wire, and built with AlNiCo IV magnets. Options include a Zebra, Black, or Double White (50 & 52mm only). We can wind the Neck from 7.5K – 8.5K, and the bridge from 8K-10K. The most popular set is a 8K Neck and 9K Bridge.
CHOOSING THE SPACING:
- 49.2mm: Choose this for Gibson Standard Spacing
- 50mm: Fender Neck Spacing
- 52mm: Fender Bridge Spacing
CHOOSING THE LEAD:
- Gibson® Braided Shielded: Most popular. Use this if you have no special requirements (Coil tapping, Phase Reverse or Series / Parallel).
- 3-Conductor With Shield: Use this if you have Coil Tapping or Phase Reverse needs.
- 4-Conductor With Shield: Use this if you have Coil Tapping, Phase Reverse, Series or Parallel needs.
CHOOSING COLOR AND COVER OPTIONS:
The Standard Humbucker is available in either No Cover or Covered options. See below for the following:
- Double White (50-52mm Only)
- Nickel ($10 Ea)
- Raw Nickel ($10 Ea)
- Black ($12 Ea)
- Gold ($15 Ea)
At Fralin Pickups, we are a total and complete custom shop. Need something specific? Upon checkout, use the “Notes” field to write anything you want! Anything customized is a final sale and non-returnable.