Steel Pole 43 Strat
$100.00 – $300.00
The Steel Pole 43 gives you 75% P90 tone in a single-coil size. Adjustable Steel Pole Pieces and Ceramic Magnets give this pickup an aggressive tone. This model is the highest-output Strat pickups we make.
STEEL POLE 43: P90 AGGRESSION FOR STRAT.
Steel Pole 43 Strat Pickups are the highest-output Strat pickups we make. These pickups feature more output than our Steel Pole 42’s, and more midrange. The Steel Pole 43 leans towards the tone of a traditional P90, only in a Strat size. These pickups are wound with 43-gauge wire and feature ceramic bar magnets. This combination sounds more aggressive than Strat pickups. The Steel Pole 43 Pickups are beefier than the Blues Specials and Steel Pole 42’s. They sound best with 500K pots.
Our manufacturing process allows us to achieve unparalleled quality control. Steel Pole Pickups consist of a precision injection mold and USA-Made Steel Screws. We use aggressive USA-Made magnets to make this model scream. Each bobbin is carefully inspected and cleaned before winding.
We wind each pickup by hand, one at a time. Each pickup is wound using our proprietary “Sectioning” technique. This gives the pickup a sweet, clear tone. Finally, we wax-pot the pickup to preserve the pickup and prevent microphonics.
- Original Fender Size, Lindy Fralin Design
- Strong and bold – lots of midrange and snarl
- USA-made Ceramic Magnets for aggressive tone and output
- Compensated Bridge for even volume across all pickups
- RW/RP Middle pickup for hum-canceling on positions 2 & 4
- Adjustable Steel Pole pieces for fine-tuning string balance
- Hand-wound with our “Sectioning” technique for unique, dynamic tone
- Hand-built for unrivaled quality control
- 10-Year Warranty on manufacturing defects
STEEL POLE 43 SOUND:
Steel Pole 43’s sound more like a P90 than traditional Strat pickups. They have a light compression that allows the pickup to break up quicker. This model sounds thicker in the midrange with more of a “chainsaw” grind, not like Alnico. They will hit the front-end of your amp hard, and break up quickly. You’ll notice more midrange, especially in the lows and highs when played clean. The midrange is prominent on this pickup, and it sounds great on 500K pots.
Finally, Steel Pole 43 Pickups are for those who need the most output out of their Strat. If you’re looking for something different, these may be right for you. Also, if your current pickups are too bright or thin, you will love these. These tend to be thicker sounding, and very aggressive.
- How will this pickup differ from a standard Strat pickup? Because of the Ceramic, the Steel Pole pickups have a harder and more aggressive treble than the softer, more sparkly treble of a normal Strat pickup with Alnico magnets. The Ceramic will cause this pickup to sound slightly more aggressive in the midrange and will be darker.
- What’s the difference between the Steel Pole 43 and 42? The Steel Pole 43 leans more towards a P90 tone. It requires 500K pots, just like a P90.
- How far away from the strings does the pickup need to be? Push your Low E String down at the highest fret. Measure from the top of the pole piece to the bottom of the string. The ideal starting location should be 1/8″ on the bass string, and 1/16″ on the treble string when the High E string is pushed down at the highest fret. You can adjust the stagger from there with the pole pieces.
- Wiring Diagrams? Here!
- 43-Gauge SPN Formvar Wire
- USA-Made Ceramic Magnets.
- USA-Made precision injection molded bobbin
- Nickel-silver baseplate
- 250K Pots or 500K Pots Recommended, depending on how dark you want your pickups.
Steel Pole 43s will read approximately 8K in the Neck and Middle, and 9.8K in the Bridge.
We do not offer installation help or guidance, but we do have easy-to-follow, beautiful Wiring Diagrams! Click below:
We're all about building trust with our customers. That's why we don't moderate our reviews. What you see is what we get!