$150.00 – $280.00
Lindy Fralin Split Jazz Bass Pickups offer a loud, clear and even response to four string bass players with no hum. This bass pickup allows you to get all of the Jazz-Bass vibe that you love, minus the hum. Being a hum-canceling Jazz Bass pickup, it’s fat, thick, and a little thicker sounding than a single-coil Jazz Bass.
SPLIT JAZZ BASS: JAZZ BASS TONE, NO HUM
Our Split Jazz Bass Pickups are Noiseless Jazz Bass Pickups. They feature USA-Made magnets and wire and are wound by hand, one at a time. Featuring a Left-Right Coil design for no-hum, we guarantee that you will absolutely love the sound of our Split Jazz Bass Pickups. We wind these pickups to 60’s specifications, using top-of-the-line materials to give you a clear, open tone: all across the board.
- Original Lindy Fralin Hum-Cancelling Design
- Clean and clear, with a louder midrange
- USA-made Alnico 5 Magnets for optimal tonal balance and output
- Compensated Bridge for even volume across all pickups
- Raised Center magnet stagger for even string-to-string balance
- Hand-wound with our “Sectioning” technique for unique, dynamic tone
- Hand-built fiberboard Bobbins for unrivaled quality control
- 10-Year Warranty on manufacturing defects
SPLIT JAZZ BASS SOUND:
The Split Jazz Bass sounds like a single-coil Jazz Bass pickup, only thicker and darker. As soon as you plug in, you’ll notice the hum-free tone. Designed with a pronounced midrange, expect a thicker, beefier tone. You’ll find these pickups speak what you tell them to – soft and quiet, or digging in. Our Split Jazz Bass Pickups, provide authentic Jazz Bass tone with better articulation. We hand-wind these pickups using our unique formula to give them exceptional balance and tone. We offer (3) winding options to help you determine the perfect tone:
- For an era-authentic 60’s tone, use our “Stock Wind”, or, choose “N/A” under output preference
- For a thicker midrange and fewer highs, choose +5%. This will reduce the highs by 5%, and increase the lows and mids by 5%.
- If you’re looking for a little cleaner tone, use our -5% wind. This will increase the highs by 5%, and decrease the mids by 5%.
- What output do I choose? Good question. For the most balanced tone between highs and lows, go to the Stock Output, which is a replica of the earliest Jazz Basses. If you’re looking for a thicker and darker tone, opt for the +5% Output. If you’re looking for a cleaner and more articulate sound, opt for the -5% output.
- What does “Raised Centers” mean? This all refers to your fingerboard radius. If you have a Vintage radius (7.25″ – 9″), you might want to go with Raised Centers. If you have a flatter radius, keep it stock.
- What Pots should I use? 250K.
- How do I orient the pickup? The leads come out of the treble side.
- Do you have Foam or Mounting Plates? As it turns out we don’t. You can use the styrofoam wrap the pickup was shipped in to mount the pickup – we use that all the time.
- Wiring Diagrams? Here!
We use Vintage Specifications. Alnico 5 Magnets. 43-Gauge SPN Wire. Hand-made Bobbins. The Stock Output reads 10.7K on the Neck and 11.4K on the Bridge.