Prewired Telecaster Control Plate
Customize and upgrade your Telecaster, instantly with the Lindy Fralin Telecaster Control Plate. With over 150 combinations available, you can select your options, and we’ll wire it up just how you like it. Installation involves soldering a few wires into place. As always, we only use the finest-quality USA-Made parts we can find.
Jump to Sound Clips and Product Info:
Our Wiring Skills, Your Personality.
Want to learn more about our Prewired Telecaster Control Plate? Here's all the information you'll need:
Prewired Telecaster Control Plate FEATURES:
Our Pre-Wired Telecaster Control Plate is designed by you and built by us. Chrome and Aged Nickel Prewired Control Plates come loaded with the highest quality materials available – from CRL® Switches to CTS® Pots. Of course, all our parts are made in the USA and are assembled and wired by hand in Richmond, VA.
Look & Feel
We offer Chrome Telecaster Control Plates and Aged Nickel Telecaster Control Plates. Aged Nickel Telecaster Control Plates all have a unique patina to them to make them look slightly reliced and older. Due to the aging process, each Aged Nickel Telecaster Control Plate is unique, and no two are alike.
We can wire up your Tele Control Plate a couple of different ways: Normal Orientation and Flipped Orientation.
- Normal Orientation: With a Normal Orientation Telecaster Control Plate, your switch is closest to the headstock.
- Flipped Orientation: With a Flipped Orientation, the Control Plate orients with the Switch closest to the Output Jack, and the Volume Pot closest to the headstock. This is great for those who love to utilize volume swells.
We can wire up your switch a couple of different ways – here are your options:
- 3-Way CRL: This will give you normal Telecaster functionality – Bridge Only / Bridge – Neck / Neck Only.
- 5-Way CRL: This is perfect for Nashville Telecasters, with three pickups.
Choose 250K Pots if you have single-coil Telecaster pickups or pickups that are brighter. 250K pots will make darker sounding pickups too dark and muddy.
Choose 500K Pots if you have Humbuckers, P-90’s, or other dark-sounding pickups. 500K pots will make single-coil Telecaster pickups sound too shrill.
Tone Cap Value:
Read up on our Tone Caps here.
- .02 mfd sounds excellent on most Fender guitars and will give you a medium roll-off in tone.
- .05 mfd will offer a much deeper and darker roll-off than .02.
- Magic Cap: This is a low capacitance cap (.0015 mfd) and only works on the Bridge Pickup only. The effect is extremely subtle – not like a regular cap. It tends to make treble strings sound slightly fatter.
- Can you wire it up without the Chrome Plate? As it turns out, No. If this matters to you, you can pull out all the wiring once you receive it to put it in your Control Plate. It’s just too time-consuming and unsafe to ship without a solid control plate holding everything together.
- Can I return my Control Plate? No. Since these are so custom and made to order, all Telecaster Control Plate sales are final, and not available for exchange or return.
- What if I don’t see what I want? Please use the “Notes” field on the checkout screen to type in any special requests. Use this field to describe how you want it wired as well if you wish to have anything customized. We’ll make it to your specs.
Installation is easy, and only takes a few steps. Check out our in-depth Telecaster Control Plate Installation Guide Below:
Telecaster Control Plate Installation Guide
Prewired Telecaster Control Plate Questions And Answers:
Have a question about our Prewired Telecaster Control Plate? Ask it here. Your Question will be publically visible. If you want to ask a Private Question, please contact us through our Contact Us Form.
If you have multiple questions, please call us at (804) 358-2699.
is there any way to get a black finished control plate & knobs? how about 2 push-pull volumes for 2 hum buckers, no switch?
Q is there any way to get a black finished control plate & knobs? how about 2 push-pull volumes...... Read moreA
Hey Charlie, as it turns out, we don't have a black finish on our control plate. If you find one, you can send it to us and use the "notes" field on the checkout screen to tell us that you're sending the black plate. We'll wire everything in the plate you supply.
The form says, "To speed up your Control Plate, we need to know which tone cap goes where." I don't understand the question. What are my choices?
Q The form says, "To speed up your Control Plate, we need to know which tone cap goes where." I don...... Read moreA Hey Francis, if you selected the Two Tone Cap modification, please let us know what cap you want in the "Up" position and what cap you want in the "down" position. Otherwise, you can ignore this.
The tone pot bright switch mod states that it removes the volume pot and tone pot, would be possible to add the volume kill switch to same plate as a tone knob bright switch? Additionally would I be able to swap out the selector for a 4 way?
Q The tone pot bright switch mod states that it removes the volume pot and tone pot, would be possi...... Read moreA
As it turns out, we do not have 4-Way blade switches in stock - we only have Series Parallel Push Pull Pot Mod that will accomplish what 4-Way Switching does. This mod takes place of the Tone Pot.
If you're looking for a Kill Switch for your Volume, keep in mind that we do not have push-push pots, which are pretty standard for a Kill Switch. All we have is Push pull, so it will be (pushed = on, pulled = off).
I would like a 4 way volume switch added to the control plate to make the SP43's a humbucker if possible. If you have another recommendation, please advise. Sincerely, Donny
Q I would like a 4 way volume switch added to the control plate to make the SP43's a humbucker if p...... Read moreA
Hey Don, select "Series / Parallel Modification" - we do not have traditional 4-way switches - only this push-pull pot mod which does the same thing. - Tyler
What is the option/combination that would configure the tele control plate similar to the American Ultra Teles with the S1 switch upgrade?
Q What is the option/combination that would configure the tele control plate similar to the America...... Read moreA
Hey John, select the 4-way Switching Mod (Series / Parallel) for the closest operation to the S1. - Tyler
Note:Asking a question here will be public to all users of this site
Hey!Did you already ask a question on our Contact Us Form? Don't ask it again here. Please be patient while we get back to you.
131 Genuine Reviews for Prewired Telecaster Control Plate
Add a review
Leave a review for our Prewired Telecaster Control Plate
NOTES ON FINISH:
- Aged Control Plates are aged by hand and feature slight defects and a raw look. We cannot guarantee that the plate you receive will look like our photos - they are all unique.
- We cannot guarantee finish matching of the plate and knobs perfectly. Because of this, we cannot provide a return to you if you are unhappy with the finish matching of our Prewired Telecaster Control Plate.
- Our parts and wire lengths are designed to work seamlessly with our Prewired Telecaster Control Plate. Due to various guitar and instrument designs, we cannot guarantee that our parts will fit properly, and due to this, we do not offer Wiring Harnesses.
Customer added no additional comments
Customer added no additional comments
Nice! Good Stuff A1
Really well made! Top quality switch and the pots are smooth with not much resistance. The wiring and soldering is superiorly done, and it saved me time! I highly recommend ???
Good product and service. The product is well put together. The reverse order allows ease of access to volume which I find a priority. WELL DONE
Absolutely love my new control plate. I wasn’t sure exactly what would work best but after talking over with Lindy, I made my decision and it was perfect. Great quality parts and super fast shipping Thank you Lindy !!!! Mark D
Love it, I just put it in my left handed Tele and now my volume knobs work properly ( They don’t do lefty audio tapers at the factory..The just switch lugs on a righty tapers..Because of cost?) and sounds better! (Maybe it’s just me)
Doing surgery on your best girl might turn you off, but actually it’s no problem. I made better, more solid connections then they did at the factory and you can too! BTW ..The wiring you get with your control plate is such clean work, and just made it easy to add pickup, output and ground wiring.
Few tips for ya,
1. Get a 40 watt soldering iron, it’s easier to solder on to the pot this way. a 25 may not get hot enough and you might fry your pots.
2. The plate supplied may not fit exactly (We are talking less then millimeters here), so use your old plate. The one supplied was off just a little and I just transferred it all to the old plate…No biggie!
3. Protect your guitar, I didn’t have anything, so I taped some 3/5 cards around the control plate hole. Blue painters tape will work almost as good….Uhhmmm…That was a joke..
4. Make sure a drink is nearby…Especially if this is your first time!
Haha…Anyway, my Tele sounds sweet and I’m glad I did this mod..
This Customer added no additional comments.
Customer added no additional comments.
Ordered and received within two weeks from USA to Northern Ireland. So pleased that I spoke to Lindy, and took his advice. The reversed orientation and 4 way switch has transformed by G&L ASAT. Also bought the BS Tele pickups and they are incredible compared to the stock MFD G&L pickups that the guitar came with.