The Fralin P-J Set is the ultimate replacement for any bass with a P-Bass pickup in the Neck and a Jazz Bass Pickup in the Bridge! It utilizes our Stock P-Bass Pickups along with our Split Jazz Bridge to give you hum-free operation in all positions.
P-J Set INFO:
Want to learn more about our P-J Set? Here's all the information you'll need:
P-J Set FEATURES:
- Original Fender specifications, with modern output
- Overwound Noiseless Bridge for noiseless operation across all positions
- USA-made Alnico 5 Magnets for optimal tonal balance and output
- Hand-wound with our “Sectioning” technique for unique, dynamic tone
- Hand-built fiberboard Bobbins for unrivaled quality control
- 10-Year Warranty on manufacturing defects
The Fralin P-J Set includes our Stock P-Bass pickup, and our noiseless and rich Split Jazz Bridge. This set is noiseless in all positions, with a fat and rich tone. Our Split Jazz Bridge has a Left-Right coil design, which sounds better than stacked coils. The Fralin P-J Set gives you more snarl on your bridge and deep lows on your neck.
All of our bass pickups feature hand-built bobbins and hand-wound clarity. Our manufacturing process allows us to achieve unparalleled quality control. This P-J Set consists of local fiberboard and USA-Made Magnets. We wind each pickup by hand, one at a time. Each pickup is wound using our proprietary “Sectioning” technique. This gives the pickup a sweet, clear tone. Finally, we wax-pot the pickup to preserve the pickup and prevent microphonics.
The Fralin P-J Set is the best sounding P-J Pickup Set you can buy. Alnico 5 Magnets and our hand-wound coils give this P-J Set an impressive range and articulation. Expect deep, rich lows and a top-end sparkle – all across a warm and fat midrange. The P-Bass pickup has an even balance across highs and lows. The compensated Split Jazz Bridge focuses more on a thicker midrange snarl. The volume is equal across all positions. The Fralin P-J Set will breathe life into your bass by extending its range and dynamics.
- What’s the difference between the Split Jazz and Normal Jazz Bass? The Split Jazz is a little thicker and darker sounding, with a tad bit more output.
- Can I customize any of the outputs? Sure! Just request them in the Notes field on the checkout screen.
- How do I orient the pickups? We always recommend installing with the Black Lead coming out of the treble side.
- Help! I installed them, and they are out of phase! No problem. Just reverse one of the pickups’ leads in the control cavity (swap White and Black).
- Do you have Foam or Mounting Plates? As it turns out we don’t. You can use the styrofoam wrap the pickup was shipped in to mount the pickup – we use that all the time.
- Wiring Diagrams? Here!
We use Vintage Specifications. Alnico 5 Magnets. 42-Gauge Heavy Formvar wire on the P-Bass, 43 Gauge SPN Wire on the Split Jazz Bass. Hand-made Bobbins.
P-Bass is 11K, Split Jazz Bridge is 11.6K.
P-J Set Questions And Answers:
Have a question about our P-J Set? Leave it here! We will answer your question within 24 hours.
GET IT PREWIRED:
Go the extra mile and combine our P-J Set with a Jazz Bass Control Plate!:
Trying to leave a review for our P-J Set? Leave one here.