Hum-Cancelling P90 With Alnico Rods
$145.00 – $290.00
The Alnico Rod Hum-Cancelling P90 is a brighter, more “Fender-like” sounding version of our best-selling Hum Cancelling P90. It has more top-end sparkle and a cleaner tone with enhanced articulation. Furthermore, it still retains a loud and beefy midrange. As always, this pickup has no hum!
ALNICO NOISELESS P90: P90 MEETS FENDER TONE
The Hum-Cancelling P90 with Alnico Rods is the perfect pickup for those looking for a cleaner, more articulate P90 pickup. It has an airiness and sparkle not found with adjustable pole pieces. Also, It’s great for those looking to balance a dark guitar. You’ll find that this pickup stays clean, while still having a fat, beefy midrange and thickness commonly found with P90 pickups. Even though we are calling this pickup a P90, it’s not quite a P90. P90s are known for a snarly midrange and a stiffer top end. The Alnico Noiseless P90 is softer, cleaner, and has that ‘sparkle’ that you’re familiar with! This pickup is available in all our Soapbar and Dogear versions.
- Alnico Rods for a Fender-type sparkle
- Soapbar / Dogear construction
- Hum-free design for completely noiseless operation
- 49.5mm Standard Spacing, with an option for 52mm Bridges (Black & Cream Soapbar only)
ALNICO NOISELESS P90 SOUND:
The Alnico Noiseless P-90 will sound like a regular P90, but with a familiar Fender sparkle on the top-end. Clean and articulate when playing without distortion. You’ll find that the nuances of your playing will come out as this pickup “breathes” more than it’s compressed P90 counterpart. With distortion, you’ll find a smooth, late breakup with a familiar Fender Strat-type tone. Expect a clear pick attack and a warmer midrange.
This midrange of this pickup is pronounced as well. You’ll find that the Alnico Noiseless P90 will still sound fat and beefy!
- What’s the tonal difference between this and your Hum-Cancelling P90? The Hum-Cancelling P90 is slightly louder, darker, and thicker. This pickup will sound not as much like a P90, more like a Fender pickup.
- What lead do I choose? This depends on your guitar and a few other things. Gibson Lead: Go with this if installing a set into a Gibson-style instrument, where each pickup has its respective volume pot. 2-Conductor: Go with this lead if buying a Single, or installing into a Fender-style instrument.
- What Pot Value do you recommend with this pickup? We recommend 500K pots, but 250K will work well if you want a darker, jazzier tone.
- What’s the String Spacing? 49.5mm (Standard), And we can make a 52mm Bridge as well.
- How far away from the strings does the pickup need to be? Push your Low E String down at the highest fret. Measure from the top of the pole piece to the bottom of the string. The ideal starting location should be 1/8″ on the bass string, and 1/16″ on the treble string when the High E string is pushed down at the highest fret.
- Wiring Diagrams? Here!
The Alnico Noiseless P-90 uses Single Poly Nylon wire and USA-Made Alnico 5 Magnets.
The Stock Set of Alnico Noiseless P-90 reads 8.8K in the Neck and 10K in the Bridge. The outputs are compensated and all sets have matched volume.