- Keep your 3-Way Switch – no 4-Way switch needed
- Achieve the Series sound in any position
- Once done with Series sound, simply push down and you’re back to your original position
How it Works:This mod works like a normal Telecaster, except, pulling up on the Push Pull pot engages Series wiring. What that means is that you can be on any position, pull up, and BOOM – Series. Pushing back down on the Tone Pot disengages the Series wiring, and you’re back to the 3-Way switch, in the same position you left it. Pretty cool.
Tools / Parts Needed:
- 250K (or 500K, whatever your guitar already has) Push Pull Pot
- Neck Pickup (with cover ground separated)
- Rosin-Core Solder
- Soldering Pencil
- Fender Cloth Lead
- Soldering Kung-Fu (no purchase necessary)
A note on the image above: The Push Pull Pot wiring is on the left, the regular Tone Pot wiring is on the right. I wanted to draw it up so it’s clearer and less jumbled. There’s only one Push Pull Pot.
That’s it! Follow the instructions above, and you’ll have a “Series Switch”. Pretty awesome, right? Yeah. It’s awesome. Happy modding!