SNAPPY, BRIGHT, AND SPANKY.
The Lindy Fralin Sunbucker® humbucker is very snappy, bright sounding humbucker with a Single Coil vibe. Based on Lindy’s original design, the Sunbucker® humbucker is clean, very articulate, and clear. You can expect a spanky, snappy clean tone that’s very articulate than most modern humbuckers, while offering a lot of Single Coil tone. The Sunbucker® has a medium output, which is very dynamic and expressive. Lindy created this pickup to help balance out very dark sounding guitars, or for those who want a bright, snappy tone with no hum.
Very bright, clear, and articulate. The Sunbucker® will stay clean as it won’t break up as early as modern humbuckers, and you’ll find that it’s spanky and plucky. Built with AlNicCo V and 42-gauge plain enamel wire, the Sunbucker® Humbucker is a great solution to a dark-sounding humbucker in the Neck position, or for those who are chasing after a single coil tone with no hum. When playing clean, you’ll find that this pickup sounds very much like a single coil: it’s extremely dynamic, clear, and snappy. With distortion, you’ll find that the smooth and late, with a pronounced pick attack and pure-sounding plain strings and bright wound strings.
- 75% Single Coil tone, 25% Humbucker
- Clear, Clean, Articulate
- Late, smooth breakup
- Bright wound strings, pure-sounding plain strings
- Made by hand, one at a time.
Wound with 42-gauge plain enamel wire, and built with AlNiCo V magnets. Built by modifying the 50’s specs. We magnetize one coil and leave the other non-magnetized. This gives us no hum, with a single-coil tone. Options include a Zebra, Black, or Double White (50 & 52mm only).
CHOOSING THE SPACING:
- 49.2mm: Choose this for Gibson Standard Spacing
- 50mm: Fender Neck Spacing
- 52mm: Fender Bridge Spacing
CHOOSING THE LEAD:
- Gibson® Braided Shielded: Most popular. Use this if you have no special requirements (Coil tapping, Phase Reverse or Series / Parallel).
- 3-Conductor With Shield: Use this if you have Coil Tapping or Phase Reverse needs.
- 4-Conductor With Shield: Use this if you have Coil Tapping, Phase Reverse, Series or Parallel needs.
CHOOSING COLOR AND COVER OPTIONS:
The Sunbucker® is available in either No Cover or Covered options. See below for the following:
- Double White (50-52mm Only)
- Nickel ($10 Ea)
- Raw Nickel ($10 Ea)
- Black ($12 Ea)
- Gold ($15 Ea)
At Fralin Pickups, we are a total and complete custom shop. Need something specific? Upon checkout, use the “Notes” field to write anything you want! Anything customized is a final sale and non-returnable.